Friday, November 20, 2009

Rubrics

Rubrics are a useful assessment tool for teachers.  They allow for the students to know what is expected of them.  In my classroom I have never used a rubric to grade with but I plan to start soon.

Designing a rubric is quite easy.  Basically you have columns that are the levels of achievement and rows for different categories.  I have found that rubrics can be cumbersome when first starting to make one.  It is important to know what objectives you want to cover when you put in the different categories.  It is also a good idea to use a schools grading scale that already exists.

I used a web tool to create a rubric.  I liked using it because I can share it with other teachers that might be working on the same project.  I also liked how it set everything up for me and I just had to input data.

I will probably be using rubrics in my classroom more due to this assignment.

You can view my rubric here.  It can also be viewed below.

No comments:

Post a Comment