Friday, October 8, 2010

Didn't your mother teach you to...

Share!



Educators have been known to borrow from each other all the time.  I think that if you are an educator and you are not borrowing then you are not thinking outside of the box enough.  It is really easy to take another teacher's idea and turn it into your own.  What should you do in return?  Share what works for you!

Here are some ways to share:


  • Blog
Blogging is easy and it's free!  You can share some ideas that you have been using for years.  Why not let your fellow teachers know what motivates your students?  This is why I've been trying to blog more.  There's plenty of free sites to choose from.  I use this Blogspot because of how easily it integrates with my google account.  Blogging can be fun, be sure to follow fellow educators.  Start by following me!


  • Use a Wiki
What better way to share than a wiki?  I have worked on a few projects with my team on a wiki before and learned so much from each other.  We were able to use our strengths together and make a great product for our students.  What I really imagine is a bunch of teachers working together to put a bunch of useful resources in a wiki and just keep adding to it.  Just think you won't have to pay for lessonplans.com anymore.  (I'm not sure if that's a real website)

  • Tweet
A lot of the latest things I've been trying out have come from someone I'm following on twitter.com  It's free to set up an account and you can follow anyone.  The best thing is if you don't have time to blog you can just tweet a short line here or there and learn and grow that way.  There are countless times that I needed information and I asked my followers for an answer and I got one soon.  


For a lot of people these three things are common sense but for those of you that are just now hearing about this I encourage you to try just one thing today.  Signing up for twitter.com would be easiest (in my opinion) and you can start following me @treese83

No comments:

Post a Comment