Saturday, September 26, 2009

ePals is Up!

I am very excited to announce that I received all the information needed for epals.com and I have finished creating user names for my students. I am very excited to start with this project in my classroom. I now need to set up assignments and forum topics for my class and we are good to go!

Epals.com came with some pleasant surprises. Awhile back I was commenting to a colleague that it would be so nice if the students had email on the district server so that they can send and receive school related emails at school. I also commented that the teacher could send announcements this way to the students and it would be safe because district email is monitored. Well, my wish came true and I didn't even plan it that way. My class now has e-mail through epals.com. The great thing about it, is that it is teacher monitored. I can go and see what the students are sending and receiving and block messages if I have to. This is great because it is only supposed to be used for class.

As a side note this is the beginning of networking for my students and I am very excited to facilitate their networking and hope they can carry this on in their middle and high school careers.


1 comment:

  1. Epals sounds like a step in the right direction toward students' assuming more responsibility for their own education. This way they can email each other with homework questions, etc. Have you had any problems with epals so far?

    ReplyDelete