Saturday, October 24, 2009

Digital Storytelling Part 1

Recently I had to make a video for my EME 5053 class.  I am going to give an informal overview of the process.


  • I used Windows Photo Story 3 to put it into a slide show with music.
  • I then used www.zamar.com to switch it over to a Mac friendly file format
  • I used iMovie to do the voice over recording
Some positives:
  • I was able to have a finished product 
  • Photo Story 3 worked like I thought it would
  • iMovie was easy to use
Some negatives:
  • Due to the file conversion the video is a little pixelly
  • Due to file conversion the audio is slightly off
  • When trying to email it to my professor the file was too big and our college's email service did not allow it to be sent
The reason I had to switch over to iMovie instead of Moviemaker is because my PC does not have a microphone and my Mac does.  I simply converted the file to a .mov file and then made a project in iMovie to record the voiceover.  For a first attempt I am pleased with the end result.

Here is the final project.  Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment